Friday, February 11, 2011

This Week's Meals

I tried out a couple of new dishes this week: hamburger steak and broccoli cheese soup. This was my second time to make hamburger steak...let's just say I wish I could find the recipe I used last time :) Definitely not one of our favorite or my best dishes ever! I am not sure if it was the recipe itself, or the fact that I was talking on the phone while preparing the meat and accidentally poured the whole can of evaporated milk into the meat rather than 1/2 cup :) Unfortunately, scooping the milk out of the bowl of meat did not work as I had wished. The flavor of the meat was okay, but it was almost like the recipe was making chicken fried steak out of hamburger meat and adding mushroom soup. Needless to say, it was very different. I hope others have better luck if they try that recipe! On the other hand, the broccoli cheese soup was amazing! I have never really attempted to make soup before; I have always been a little intimidated by the task. To my surprise, the recipe was very easy, and we absolutely loved it! It also made a LOT of soup! Any suggestions on what to do with too much soup? Anyway, I highly recommend this soup recipe to anyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik