Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Peter Denies Christ

This quarter I have been blessed with the opportunity to teach the 1st and 2nd grade class on Wednesday nights. I have a great group of kids! I have really enjoyed getting to know each of the kids a little better and have come to realize that I am not only teaching the kids, but they are teaching me as well. I have been encouraged by their knowledge, enthusiasm, kindness, and happy faces. One of my favorite parts of class is when I ask who would like to lead the prayer at the begining of class. I usually have 8-9 kids on Wednesdays, and on average I have 4-5 wanting to lead the prayer. These sweet, considerate kids even ask the class (out of their own initiaive) if there are any prayer requests! It comforts me knowing that the parents of these kids are obviously teaching them to be considerate of others and showing them how to pray. My advice is, if you ever have the opportunity to teach, especially young children, go for it!

This week we are learning about Peter Denying Christ.
I always start out with attendance, did you bring your Bible chart, and memory verse. We then sing 4 songs, chosen by the kids. By this time, everyone has usually come into class. We then have our prayer(s).
The kids love reading out of the Bible so I let them go around the table reading one verse each from our selection. Either as we are reading, or after we read, I retell and explain the story so that they can understand it better. We then move on to the activity and new memory verse. I always end with review questions from the night's lesson as well as previous lessons.

This week we will be reading Luke 22:31-35, 39-40, 54-62.
We will discuss the consquences of lying and not being ashamed to live a life for Christ. The kids will make a rooster with memory verse attached. http://www.dltk-kids.com/animals/mpaperrooster.htm
Then, if time allows, we will use dominoes to show the effect of lying. (make a line of standing dominoes, knock the first one down, it affects the rest)

Memory Verse:   Luke 22:34
"And He said, I tell thee, Peter, the rooster shall not crow this day before you will deny three times that you know Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik